About Danger Mine
Danger Mine was inspired by top games Plants versus Zombies and Jetpack Joyride. Developed for mobile, it can be described as part team management, part endless runner. The game is published by Sugra Games, my own start up games studio.
Below are some screenshots from the game.
Core Game Play
The core of the game consists of entering a mine, placing characters, collecting loot, defeating oncoming enemies and avoiding cliffs and obstacles. You command a team of mining vehicles in a wacky races style adventure under the ground. Players will race through Aztec, Volcanic caves, lost ice cities and ancient Egyptian ruins as they mine for gold, diamonds and precious treasures.
Players can earn titles and level up by playing missions, earn treasures by leveling up, beat their highscore by travelling further distances and collect characters in the shop by earning enough gold or diamonds to purchase them.
Here is a list of the things I was responsible for.
- Wrote the business case to secure the additional funding,
- Game & UX design – Designed core game mechanics, balanced difficulty, procedural object generation and missions.
- Game Economy – Built a free to play economy in the game and the monetization strategy for ads and shop.
- Art Direction – Created briefings for artists and directed from concept to in game.
- UI design – Created mock ups of user interface and exported assets where required.
- Tracking – Created the tracking list for all screens, features and key data variables.
- Developer management – Created design briefs, guided and directed dev team.
- QA management – Tested, prioritized bugs and assigned to the development team.
- Project management – Created, tracked and approved all tasks for the project and team.
- Hiring – sourced and hired the team
- Budget – Managed the budget and project deliverables
All intellectual property rights to Danger Mine belong to Sugra Games Limited. Images and videos only appear here with permission from the company for the purposes of showcasing a design portfolio.