Leading teams and designing VR experiences, mobile games, apps, browser games and entertainment products since 2007. Worked on projects for industry leading entertainment companies such as Ubisoft, Lego, Hasbro, Disney and international brands such as Toy Story, The Transformers, NCIS, and Agatha Christie’s Poirot. Currently the Product Owner of ENGAGE, a leading Virtual Reality training & communication software.
– Interactive design
– App / game economy design
– Running user test sessions
– Project management
– Game as a service design
– Tutorial funnel / onboarding
– Usability for mobile devices
– Statistical analysis
– Online product management
– Story writing
– Setting up teams
– Creative direction
– Excellent communication skills
– Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress
– Video editing & composition
– Solidworks 3D modelling
Immersive VR Education – Product Owner & UX Designer – 04/2018 – Current
- Designing and coordinating the production of educational virtual reality software as a service products and games. Contributing UX & game designer on multiple showcase VR titles.
ENGAGE | PC, Mobile VR devices
Titanic VR | Playstation, PC
Raid on the Ruhr | PC
Space Shuttle Commander | Playstation, PC
Responsibilities: – Product Owner, UX design, Game Design, Script Writing, Project Management, Scrum Master.
Spil Games – Lead Designer & Producer – 10/2016 – 03/2018
- Designing and leading the production of a free to play casual puzzle game with story narratives based on Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express and also creation of an original detective story narrative, Kate Blackwood.
Projects: – Mahjong Crimes | Mobile
Responsibilities: – Game design, Production management
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi – Lead Game Designer – 11/2015 – 10/2016
- Leading a team of 7 designers and working with the other departments developing a free to play casual game based on the world leading international TV show brand, NCIS.
Projects: – NCIS Hidden Crimes | Mobile
Responsibilities: – Game & UX design, team management
Dublin Institute of Technology – Assistant Lecturer – 04/2015 – Present
- Part time, teaching game production, app design, prototyping, testing, business planning, project management and production skills.
Pulse Animation & Games Campus – Guest Lecturer – 04/2015 – 08/2015
- Lectured production management and acted as mentor
Sugra Games – Game Designer, Producer, Founder 03/2013 – Present
- Designed free to play and paid, action, strategy and puzzle games for mobile.
Projects: – Danger Mine, Toy Rescue Story, Susume Tactics, Swan Song
Responsibilities: – Game & UX design, directed development and art, wrote the business plan to secure 6 figure investment, recruited team, managed company operations and finances, managed online product, negotiated and secured publishing deals.
Megazebra Social Games – Game Designer, Producer – 06/2011 – 03/2013
- Designed free to play social and casual games for the Facebook platform.
Responsibilities: – Game & UX design, co-wrote the story script, managed the project & team, tracked online performance and directed team to reach retention and monetization goals, optimized the onboarding design.
Jolt Online Games – Game Designer – 10/2009 – 04/2011
- Designed free to play online social games for web browser and Facebook platform.
Projects: – Legends of Zork, Playboy Party | PC
Responsibilities: – Games & UX design, project management
Breakout Interactive – Product Designer, Founder – 01/2008 – 01/2014
- Designed patented interactive toy / game combinations, blending real play with digital play experiences. Clients included included Hasbro, Ubisoft, Thrustmaster.
Projects: – Digi-Figures Transformers, Digi-figures Buzz Lightyear, Digi-Figures Rabbids, Thingscanner 3D scanner.
Responsibilities: –Designed new electronic toys and game experiences, built 3D models, hired electronics contractors, sourced rapid prototype parts, final assembly and finishing of all prototypes, secured six figure sales, investment and grants over 6 years, secured patents and negotiated license deals, b2b marketing and promotion, small company operations.
Lego Company – Toy Designer – 05/2005 – 10/2007
- Designed Lego toy sets for retail worldwide.
Projects: –Mindstorms (programmable robots), various models for Creator & Play-themes brands including cars, space vehicles, concept vehicles.
Responsibilities: –Design for stable building and fun, research reference material, design for age targets, design to cost targets.
1.1 BSc Honours Product Design – Dublin Institute of Technology 2003 – 2007
- Engineering, design theory, 3D modelling, design for manufacture, business, marketing.
CPD Post Graduate Diploma New Business Development – Dublin Institute of Technology 2007 – 2008
- Operations, sales, marketing, administration, investment strategy, finance management.
2014 ///Suburbia, a game I designed and managed for MegaZebra reached 2 million monthly active users.
2008 ///Winner of the Docklands Innovation Park Awards, for best business plan (€10,000 prize fund)
2008 ///All Ireland Young Entrepreneur, Shell Livewire (2nd place)
2007 ///First commercial product for Lego was listed in top 20 Toys R’ Us holiday list
2007 ///Won Best Project in final year Product Design Degree for Thesis project, Dublin Institute of Technology
2007 ///Student of the Year, School of Manufacturing and Design Engineering, Bolton Street DIT